- Include as much reference information available from the source.
- Italicize the title of paper or the conference.
- Page numbers are preceded by p. for one page and pp. for two or more pages.
- The place of publication includes the city and abbreviated form of the state. There is no need to write Publishers, Company or Inc. with the name of …
- List the DOI for conference papers or proceedings found on the web. Digital Object Identifier (DOI) is a unique alphanumeric string used by scholarly …
How do you make an APA citation?
- Single-space the quotation (this will visually contrast with the double-spacing of the rest of your paper);
- Indent each line of the quotation ½ inch from the left margin;
- Create an extra line of space immediately before and after the quotation;
- Add the footnote at the end of the quote.
How to cite a professor’s lecture APA?
- Personal lecture notes. The easiest guideline to remember is how to cite a lecture in APA from your own personal notes. …
- Lecture in online learning management system (LMS) course. A professor’s lecture in a course conducted in an LMS platform may be recorded. …
- Reference list. Professor’s last name, Initial of first name. year, month and day of lecture. Lecture title in italics [Lecture recording].
- Lecture on PowerPoint. To cite a lecture in APA when your professor delivers it via PowerPoint is easy once you have mastered the previous two guidelines.
- PowerPoint slides online. Your professor may post the PowerPoint lecture online, rather than on the course website. …
How to quote a professor lecture?
- The professor’s name (last name, first name)
- The type of communication (such as “Personal interview,” “Classroom presentation,” or “Personal letter”)
- The date (in day, month, year format)
- If the document is written, add the medium (“MS” for manuscript [handwritten] or “TS” for a typed document)
How do you cite a presentation in APA style?
How do I cite a presentation that I attended in APA formatting? Answer. To reference or cite a presentation or poster that was done at a meeting, follow this pattern: Presenter, F.M. (year, month). Title of paper or poster. Paper or poster session presented at the meeting of Organization Name, Location.
How do you do an in text citation for a conference?
Reference in text exampleInclude a description of the presentation in square brackets [ ] after title (e.g., [Conference session], [Paper presentation], [Poster presentation], [Keynote address]).If video available, include link at the end of the reference.More items…
How do you cite a conference in APA 7th edition?
(Year, Month Day-Day). Presentation title [Format]. Conference Name, Location. DOI or URL of website.
How do you cite a conference session?
Describe the presentation in square brackets after the title. The description is flexible (e.g., “[Conference session],” “[Paper presentation],” “[Poster session],” “[Keynote address]”). Provide the name of the conference or meeting and its location in the source element of the reference.
How do I cite an online conference presentation in APA?
Italicize the title. After the title, in brackets, add a description of the contribution (i.e., conference session, poster presentation, keynote address, etc.). Be sure to use the description that the conference uses. Add a period after the brackets.
How do you cite a conference presentation in APA 6th edition?
Presenter name – last name, initial(s). (Year, month). Title of paper – italicised. Paper presented at the Conference name, Location.
How DOI cite an online conference?
Title of book [Internet]. Proceedings of the Title of Conference; Date of conference; Location of conference. Place of publication: Publisher’s name; [cited YYYY Mon DD]. Available from: URL or Database Name.
How DOI cite a zoom meeting in APA?
If you’re citing a speech, poster, or conference session, use the following format: Presenter, A. A., & Presenter, B. B. (Year, month and days). Title [Type of Contribution]. Conference Name, Location.
How do you cite a conference presentation?
Reference Page Format: Presenter, P. P. (Year, Month Days). Title of the presentation [description of the presentation]. Title of Conference. City, State, and Country where the conference took place.
How do you cite a conference in MLA?
Cite published conference proceedings like a book. If the date and location of the conference are not part of the published title, add this information after the published proceedings title. Last Name, First Name, editor. Conference Title, Conference Date and Location, Publisher, Date of Publication.
How do you cite a conference presentation on a resume?
List the name and date of the conference. Underneath your presentation title, list the name and date of the conference or event where you gave your presentation. Include the month and the year.
How do you cite a meeting in MLA?
To cite a speech, lecture, or other oral presentation, cite the speaker’s name and the title of the speech (if any) in quotation marks. Follow with the title of the particular conference or meeting, the name of the organization, and the venue and its city (if the name of the city is not listed in the venue’s name).
How do I format a DOI in APA Style?
Include the DOI at the very end of the APA reference entry . If you’re using the 6th edition APA guidelines, the DOI is preceded by the label “doi…
When should I include a DOI or URL in an APA journal citation?
In an APA journal citation , if a DOI (digital object identifier) is available for an article, always include it. If an article has no DOI, and…
When should I use “et al.” in APA in-text citations?
The abbreviation “ et al. ” (meaning “and others”) is used to shorten in-text citations with three or more authors . Here’s how it works: Only i…
How many authors do I include in an APA reference list entry?
You may include up to 20 authors in a reference list entry . When an article has more than 20 authors, replace the names prior to the final listed…
What is conference citation?
APA Conference Citation. By definition, a conference is a gathering or meeting of a group of people to discuss a certain topic or theme. Its various types differ on the purpose, organization and participants. The first thing you need know is the guide in citing the authors.
Do you need to write publisher with DOI?
There is no need to write Publishers, Company or Inc. with the name of the publisher. List the DOI for conference papers or proceedings found on the web. Digital Object Identifier (DOI) is a unique alphanumeric string used by scholarly publishers to provide persistent link to content in the internet.
If You Attended the Conference
List all sources at the end of your essay in alphabetical order by the authors’ surnames, on a page headed “References.” Give the author’s last name and first initials; the year and month of the presentation; the title; the name and type of conference and its location.
If You Got the Information Online
When the source is not the presentation itself but an online abstract from a conference, cite that database directly, notes the Wisconsin handbook, which provides this example:
Citing conferences: APA (7th ed.) citation guide
This guide is based on the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 7th ed. It provides selected citation examples for common types of sources. For more detailed information consult directly a print copy of the style manual.
Conference keynote addresses, paper presentations, poster presentations, sessions
Refer to APA’s Conference presentation references or consult the guide directly (Section 10.5, textual works, pp. 332-333).
Refer to APA’s Conference proceedings references or consult the guide (Section 10.5, textual works, p.332).
Reference of this type of document uses the works that are part of a greater whole format, that is, like a chapter in an edited book or an article in a journal.
Format for conference paper
Author last name, first initial. (Date). Title of contribution [Paper presentation]. Conference Name, Location. DOI or URL
Library database or free Web
Whipple, S. (2018, March 6-9). Control beliefs as a moderator of stress on anxiety [Paper presentation]. Southeastern Psychological Association 64th Annual Meeting, Charleston, SC, United States.
About Citing Sources
For each type of source in this guide, both the general form and an example will be provided.
Conference Sessions, Papers, and Posters
Note: Conference sessions, papers, and posters all follow the same citation style. The only change is in the brackets following the title of the contribution, denoting the format. Use the description provided by the conference, e.g. [Poster presentation], [Key-note address], [Conference session], etc.