Polycom Soundstation IP4000 Conference Phone Setup
- Power up the phone.
- The IP address will be picked from the DHCP server on your network and will be displayed on the LCD.
- Open a web browser on your PC and type the SoundStations’s IP address in the address field (make sure that your PC and SoundStation are on the same network).
- This will present you with the configuration web page for the IP4000.
- Call the first person.
- From Lines or Calls view, press More and then Confrnc. The active call is held.
- Using the Dialer, call the second person.
- When the second person answers, press More and then Confrnc to join everyone in a conference.
How to setup a Polycom phone?
- Display Name: SIP Extension Number
- Address: SIP Extension Number
- Authentication User ID: SIP Extension Number
- Authentication Password: Phone-Password from above (not the numeric/voicemail password!).
- Label: SIP Extension Number
How to make video calls using Polycom phone?
Use your Polycom Phone
- Place a Call
- Search a Contact. Using a headset? …
- Dial an Extension. …
- Receive a Call. …
- Conference (Add a Caller)
- Transferring Calls. …
- Guest Login (Hotdesking or Hoteling) Before following these steps, make sure your Dialpad Admin has enabled this on your Office’s account.
- Switch to this Device. …
- Caller ID. …
- Check Your Voicemail. …
How do I use group paging on my Polycom phone?
On your Polycom phone, go to Advanced Settings > Admin Settings > PTT/Paging. Select Enable. To enable the Paging using GUI. Please see the instructions below to learn how to use this feature with your particular phone model. Note: To configure this feature in Account Manager, see the online documentation for Setting Up Group Paging.
How do I transfer calls on Polycom phones?
Transfer a Call Using a Polycom Phone
- After receiving a call, press the transfer key
- Select Normal Transfer
- Dial the person to whom you wish to transfer and hit Dial. This puts the caller on hold
- Once you’ve spoken with the receiving party, hit transfer again to complete the transfer
How do I make a conference call on a Polycom phone?
Using the Conf soft keyCall the first party.Press the Conf soft key to create a new call. NOTE: The active call is placed on hold when you press the Conf soft key .Call the second party.When the second party answers, press the Conf soft key again to join all parties in the conference.
How does a Polycom conference phone work?
0:312:53Into the bottom of the conference. Phone the phone cable goes into the power supply with the wallMoreInto the bottom of the conference. Phone the phone cable goes into the power supply with the wall port symbol as shown. Then plug in the other end of the phone cable into the phone jack in the wall.
How do I set up my Polycom?
0:042:08Press the Q setup button. Now we’re going to enter the server user. Information press the editMorePress the Q setup button. Now we’re going to enter the server user. Information press the edit button press the double arrow button to backspace and remove the default.
How do I use the Polycom SoundStation2 conference phone?
Polycom SoundStation2: Conference a CallStart a call with Polycom SoundStation2.Press the Conference button . Places the first call on hold.Dial the number and connect with the second party.Press the Conference button. This will merge the three calls.
How do I set up a Polycom video conference?
How to Use Polycom Video ConferencingStep 1: Turn on the Polycom System. To turn on the unit, hold down the green button on the remote for a few seconds or until you see a blue flashing light on the Polycom unit.Step 2: Turn on the TV Screen. … Step 3: Start a Video Conference Call. … Step 4: Turn off the Polycom Video Unit.
Does Polycom make a wireless conference phone?
The Polycom® SoundStation2W™ wireless conference phone extends mobile conferencing to virtually any environment by eliminating the need to connect via dedicated telephone or data lines. Anywhere high-quality voice conferencing is needed, the Polycom SoundStation2W phone delivers.
How do I connect my Polycom to my laptop?
0:161:22Your IT department may have a hub device in the room that allows you to plug in just one USBC cableMoreYour IT department may have a hub device in the room that allows you to plug in just one USBC cable to connect to both Polycom studio and the monitor.
Can I use my Polycom phone at home?
0:082:02File. So you take your phone home. And you don’t forget you need to bring the cables with you theMoreFile. So you take your phone home. And you don’t forget you need to bring the cables with you the cable to connect it to the router. As well as the power supply cable.
How do I connect my Polycom phone to WIFI?
You can enable wireless connectivity for your USB-enabled VVX phone using the Polycom® Wi-Fi wireless network adapter….Prerequisite:Insert the Polycom Wi-Fi wireless network adapter into the USB port of your VVX phone.Go to Settings > Basic > Wi-Fi.Select Wi-Fi, then select On.Select Yes to reboot the phone.
How do I connect my Polycom SoundStation 2 to my computer?
Connecting your SoundStation2 or SoundStation2W to your computer is easy: Simply connect the computer calling cable to the Applications Port on your Polycom conference phone at one end. Then, attach the other end to your computer’s microphone and speaker ports.
Is Polycom SoundStation 2 analog or digital?
The Polycom SoundStation 2 is an analog conference phone built to provide high quality audio conference calls. With Polycom’s Acoustic Clarity Technology and support for dynamic noise reduction, the SoundStation 2 remains one of the most popular conference phones on the market.
What is the best video conferencing software for webinars?
1. ClickMeeting. ClickMeeting is an excellent Polycom video conferencing alternative for webinars, although it is also ideal for video conferencing. It offers great video and audio quality on your calls at a lower cost than most other similar tools. It is the ideal software to purchase when you need excellent webinar capabilities …
Is Zoom a free service?
Zoom Meeting is a Polycom video conferencing alternative service that comes with a free version. It is reliable and a great solution for many people particularly because of the many advanced tools offers. The free account is generous and it is also quite affordable.
Get The IP Address of The Device
Once the phone is plugged in, it should obtain an IP address. In order to register the unit, we will need to know the IP address. To find out the IP address, from the phone: 1. Press the Menu Key and select Status=> 1. Select Network=> 1. select TCP/IP Parameters¿ => 1. The current IP Address is being displayed
Log on to The Unit
Once you have the IP of the unit, you will need to open a browser and browse to the unit via the IP address The default admin username is Polycom, the default password is 456 Once you have logged on to the device, you will be presented with the main menu screen
Registering The Device on The PBX
AMS will need to provide you with the proper URL and user credentials to complete these steps. 1. To access the SIP server settings for the device, click the SIP heading 2. Next, you can scroll to the Server 1section 3. The fields in Server 1 can be filled in as follows: 3.1. Address: The PBX address as provided by AMS 3.2. Port: The server SIP por…